To make these awesome Pretty Hemp Pancakes use one of my favorite life hacks! Just get a store-bought mix and then add hemp protein or ground up hemp seeds to enhance the nutritional value. Great shortcut for those cold mornings.
- 1 cup pancake mix (I used Trader Joe’s whole grain, you can use what you have on hand)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp chilled butter or coconut oil to make it vegan, chopped
- Whisk all ingredients in a large bowl before adding water, then continue to whisk well.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add a dab o’ butter once hot to get it crackin’…
- Pour pancake mix small circles at a time into the hot skillet.
- Flip once, to cook both sides.
- Set the prepared pancakes aside between two plates to keep them warm until served.
Makes 8 or 9 small sized hotcakes
Meanwhile, in a saucepan near-by, let’s negotiate a:
*Fruity Compote On The Fly* for these guys. I always refer to my own refrigerator and pantry for inspiration when itching to create an impromptu accompaniment for a main dish. This is the fun, cost-efficient, and environmentally friendly way to feed ourselves in my Purplina opinion…let’s see what we have here.
- ¾ cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 tsp organic agave nectar or sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup juice of some kind (I used a raspberry lemonade, as it was open in the fridge.)
- ½ tbsp butter or coconut oil
- Bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer for a bit, til the pancakes are done.
We’re ready to plate these puppies!!! 2 a piece at first (remember, they are *stacked* w/protein, omegas, whole grains, etc.) Top w/a couple spoonfuls of the fruit reduction and a final drizzle of the sweetener on-hand. Thankfully that was 100% pure maple syrup here! Yum…Oh heck, Ima just throw a lil nonfat Greek yogurt at the very end, cuz I’m crazy like that. You do You!